Reston Spring

Reston Spring
Reston Spring

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Op-Ed: DRB Would Likely Keep Tetra From Development, RestonNow, April 29, 2015

This is an op-ed by Reston resident Ed Abbott. The opinions expressed here do not represent the views of Reston Now.
I am a lay member of the Design Review Board (DRB). I have been a member for about five and a half years. My views presented here are my own. My term was up last month and I am not seeking another term. . .
I think one reason is that the Design Review Board is very unlikely to approve of the property’s commercial use, especially as a restaurant. Such development would significantly change the residential nature and aesthetics of the neighborhood. . . .
For any future owner of the property, including RA, threading Reston’s design guideline needle in the application process would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, given the property’s location.
It makes no sense to spend $2.65 million to prevent development that is very unlikely to happen. . . .
Click here to read the rest of the op-ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are relevant, constructive, and decent.