NOTE: The following is re-posted from the Coalition for a Planned Reston's (CPR's) website.
- CPR representatives proposed specific amendments to the Reston Master Plan, including the removal of an unexplained road bisecting a portion of the Hidden Creek Country Club golf course.
- Postpone Fairfax County’s review of the zoning amendment until the county can hold additional meetings with the public.
- Improve the Reston Master Plan so as to eliminate the county’s perceived need to increase the density cap.
Where we are now:Supervisor Hudgins appeared open to further discussions BUT the Fairfax County Zoning administrator, Leslie Johnson, is reluctant to slow down the process until county staff reviews CPR’s proposed amendments to the Reston Master Plan.
Fairfax County has scheduled meetings on the Reston zoning issue for 6 March and 5 April. A public hearing with the Board of Supervisors is scheduled for 15 May.
Your call to action!
- Email Leslie Johnson, the Fairfax County Zoning Administrator at email@example.com
- Email Supervisor Hudgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-478-0283
- To withdraw scheduled county meetings on the PRC Zoning District Amendment from the calendar;
- That real consensus can be reached through continuing dialogue with Supervisor Hudgins, the Planning Commissioner, and other County officials;
- That reasonable amendments to the Reston Master Plan will eliminate the need for increased density; and
- That the “Road from Nowhere” (bisecting the Hidden Creek County Club golf course) needs to be removed from the Reston Master Plan.