Reston Spring

Reston Spring
Reston Spring

Friday, August 16, 2013

Letter: Case for new Reston rec center underwhelming, Fairfax Times, August 16, 2013

Bob Simon’s letter to the editor, which appeared in the Fairfax County Times on July 26 (“Misinformation on proposed rec center Troubling”), has prompted me to respond to the issue.
Having been a Reston resident for 19-plus years, my family has enjoyed the many facilities and activities available to us through the Reston Association and the Reston Community Center [supported by our dues, fees and taxes], therefore the RCC’s rec center proposal is one I am interested in for many reasons.
Like Mr. Simon, I look for facts. I have attended most meetings on the subject and have spent many additional hours researching in order to fully understand the need, costs associated with, and scope of the proposal. I encourage everyone to do the same.
Having done so, I have to say that I am against the RCC rec center proposal as it is currently presented . . . .
Click here for the numerous, well-founded reasons Carrie Sawicki, Reston, opposes the proposed Reston recreation center.  

We at Reston 2020 share her concerns.  RCA raises many of the same issues in its white paper on the recreation center proposal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are relevant, constructive, and decent.