THE RESTON PLANNING AND ZONING COMMITTEE
Monday, February 27, 2012 – 7:30 pm
North County Government Center
12000 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston
1. Sunrise Valley Elementary School Renovations (PRC-C-377): Fairfax County Public Schools has filed an application for the renovation of Sunrise Valley Elementary School – 10824 Cross School Road, Reston, VA 20191. The renovations consist of constructing several small additions (administration suite, main entrance and cafeteria) at the front of the school to meet program requirements and at the rear of the school a library addition and a large single story classroom addition to replace the existing modular classroom structure. Site upgrades will include an expanded bus drop-off area, a new kiss and ride access, additional parking and a new ADA access to the upper play fields. The property is located at Tax Map 27-1((3)) Parcel 2. A Planning Commission Public Hearing is scheduled for March 29th.
2. RTC Partnership, LLC has filed a PRC Plan to remove the current office building known as the "Town Center Office Building" at 1760 Reston Parkway, and redevelop a 23 story, Class A mixed use office and retail building. The building will consist of a maximum of approximately 413,700 square feet of office uses and a minimum of approximately 5,200 square feet of retail and restaurant uses, at a Floor Area Ratio of 4.08. Parking for the proposed building will feature both below and above grade parking spaces. The above ground portion of the parking garage will sit atop retail uses and will be screened with a context sensitive façade treatment that will be harmoniously integrated into the office structure. Structured parking will total approximately 1084 spaces and the surface parking will total 24 spaces. It is anticipated that the office building will achieve LEED Silver design for energy efficiency. This application was previously heard by P&Z at our November meeting. A Planning Commission Public Hearing is scheduled for March 14th.
3. A brief overview of the P&Z online email list provided by Jim Traylor.
4. Committee discussion of any other business, new or old, and approval of previous meeting minutes.
5. Approve next meeting date (March 19) and adjourn.
Agenda is subject to change without notice by order of the Chairman, David Vanell, (703) 904-9299, or Michael Romeo, Vice Chairman, (703) 579-7525.
February 13, 2012