THE RESTON PLANNING AND ZONING COMMITTEE
Monday, January 23, 2012 – 7:30 pm
North County Government Center
12000 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston
1. Discuss and vote on recommendations of the Membership Selection Committee; welcome new members and those reappointed.
2. Election of officers for one year terms: chairman, vice chairman, secretary/parliamentarian. Nominations are to be made from the floor. Those nominated and those who are nominators must be members in good standing of the P&Z Committee. No absentee ballots or proxy votes are allowed.
3. Chipotle Mexican Grill application: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., (the “Applicant”) requests approval of a Special Exception to permit a fast food restaurant in accordance with Section 9-601 of the Zoning Ordinance. The application property is located at 11160 G2 South Lakes Drive at the South Lakes Village Shopping Center in Reston, VA. The proposed Chipotle will be located in a vacant retail space within the existing shopping center, which was previously approved under site plan #4453-SP-03-02. The site is zoned Planned Residential Community (PRC) and the proposed Chipotle will require that a Special Exception Plat be submitted to Fairfax County for Zoning Evaluation Division review and approval. The Applicant will be the contract lessee for the retail space.
4. Reston Association Seminar on “Sustainability Principles for Reston” scheduled for February 11, 2012, will be discussed by member Nichole Wynands.
5. Committee discussion of any other business, new or old, and approval of previous meeting minutes.
6. Approve next meeting date and adjourn.
Agenda subject to change without notice by order of the Chairman, David Vanell, (703) 904-9299, or Arthur S. Hill, Vice Chairman, (703) 264-1178.
January 15, 2012