Reston Spring

Reston Spring
Reston Spring

Friday, October 5, 2012

Rescue Reston, RA Ramp Up Golf Course Efforts, Reston Connection, October 4, 2012

Groups organize community response, retain legal counsel.

By Alex McVeigh
 Donna Robuck and her husband Robert have lived in a house that overlooks the 10th hole at the Reston National Golf Course for the past 14 years. She can still recall: “I walked in the house, walked straight through to the balcony, and me and my husband thought, ‘this is it. This is the perfect house,’” she said. “The very next day my mother-in-law called and asked what the kitchen looked like, and I had no idea.”
Since then, she described living in their house as a dream, but in recent months that dream has been threatened.
“We cannot stand the thought of someone taking away the golf course away from us,” she said. “My husband and I have sunk a lot of money into our town home and we’re waiting for the Metro to come, which will be in walking distance, and hopefully I can retire early. If that dream gets messed up, it destroys our life.”
THE ROBUCKS’ DREAM is in danger due to the Reston National Golf Course owners’ appeal with Fairfax County’s Board of Zoning Appeals to get residential development rights for the 166-acre course. . . .
Click here for the rest of this article.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are relevant, constructive, and decent.