Here are some other statistics about this blog based on automatically collected data:
- The blog has had more than 13,000 visitors since we started counting one year ago almost to the day--that's about 1,100 visits per month.
- This includes more than 2,500 visitors who have visited the blog multiple times.
- The vast majority of those visits are from the Reston area, but include US visitors from as far away as San Franciso and international visits from more than a dozen countries.
- We have "embedded" (enclosed PDF versions of) more than 200 documents in blog posts.
- These embedded documents (which are stored in the scribd.com digital library) have been read more than 30,000 times, some 24,000 of those reads have been "click throughs" from the blog.
- Some 2,600 of those reads have been within the last month.
- Reston 2020 documents stored on scibd.com with more than 400 reads each include various TOD committee reports, several documents on parks, and several of Reston 2020's working group reports
- And people are taking these reads seriously. The average time spent reading each document is more than five and a half minutes--including those people who may have made a mistake and moved on quickly.
Stay informed, stay involved--Read the blog and participate in the RCA Reston 2020 Committee.